top of page
- Sat 22 Feb22SatFebClosing party/Harp Center BrusselsFeb 22, 2020, 8:00 PM GMT+1 – Feb 23, 2020, 12:00 AM GMT+1Harp Center Brussels, Théodore Verhaegenstraat 188, 1060 Sint-Gillis, BelgiëParty w/ DJ Nacho de la flemme and presentation of all the participants of the festival.
- Feb 22, 2020, 3:30 PM – 6:00 PM GMT+1Espirito Mundo (@See U, bat. H), Fritz Toussaintstraat 8, 1050 Brussels, BelgiumA journey through the myths and legends of the Amazon through workshops for children.
- Sat 22 Feb22SatFebI could be you, you could be me/Klein KasteeltjeFeb 22, 2020, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT+1Klein Kasteeltje, 9e Linielaan 27, 1000 Brussels, BelgiumIn this transit centre, the first port of call for people coming to Belgium in search of new beginnings, we try to create a welcoming space. Through poetry and songwriting we offer the opportunity to exchange ideas and meet together as equals. ORG // Cedes, Fedasil & Guiding songs
- Feb 21, 2020, 8:00 PM – 10:30 PMDe Markten, Oude Graanmarkt 5, 1000 Brussels, BelgiumOn the program: the short film MeliMelo by Julian Wolf with a new youth language in the leading role, a performance by Arber Aliaj and Geert Dehaes - director of be.brusseleir and last but not least an animated analysis of this new language. ORG // De Markten, Masereelfonds Graanmarkt, Be.Brusseleir en Goudblommeke in Papier
- Fri 21 Feb21FriFebBabel event/Harp Center BrusselsFeb 21, 2020, 8:00 PM – 10:30 PMHarp Center Brussels, Théodore Verhaegenstraat 188, 1060 Sint-Gillis, BelgiëAuthors from different language groups will discuss what impact literature can have in creating "a new beginning" for the mutual understanding of the different cultural communities in Brussels, the most diverse city in the world.
- Fri 21 Feb21FriFebMama's Open Mic/MuntpuntFeb 21, 2020, 8:00 PMMuntpunt, Munt 6, 1000 Brussel, BelgiëTime for another Open Mic in Brussels! Expect a surprising line-up of young talent... and you during the Open Mic?
- Feb 21, 2020, 7:00 PMArthis -Belgisch-Roemeens Cultureel Huis, Vlaamsesteenweg 33, 1000 Brussel, BelgiëThe German-speaking Romanian Walter Ubelhart comes to Brussels to present his book "In Shakespeares shadow" and to show us the trailer of its movie adaptation. Ubelhart brings in a semi-fictional story the historical Johannes Banfi Hunyades to life. ORG // Arthis - Het Belgisch-Roemeens Cultureel Huis, Arthis Artists & Euro-Mara Events
- Fri 21 Feb21FriFebCaleidoscoop // Siempre/GrafikFeb 21, 2020, 6:30 PMGrafik, Louis Bertrandlaan 30, 1030 Schaarbeek, BelgiëDuring this interactive reading session you will have the opportunity to enter into a dialogue with poets who have a different cultural background.
- Thu 20 Feb20ThuFebWomen from Brussels/Etterbeek Public LibraryFeb 20, 2020, 8:00 PM – 10:30 PM GMT+1Etterbeek Public Library, Oudergemlaan 191, 1040 Etterbeek, BelgiëOn this literary evening, PEN author Nisma Al Aklouk presents her new book "Brussels women".
- Thu 20 Feb20ThuFebLiving Library/Theehuis La tourFeb 20, 2020, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMTheehuis La tour, Sint-Jan-Baptistvoorplein, 1080 Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, BelgiumEnter a living library and listen to the surprising stories of young and less young "living books." This event is in Dutch. ORG // Orbit vzw & Axcent
- Thu 20 Feb20ThuFebLes amazones pour l'amazonie/Espirito Mundo (@See U, bat. H)Feb 20, 2020, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PMEspirito Mundo (@See U, bat. H), Kroonlaan 227 - 203, 1050 Elsene, BelgiumA journey through the myths and legends of the Amazon.
- Feb 20, 2020, 3:00 PMDarna - Vlaams-Marokkaans culturenhuis, Steenstraat 25/27, 1000 Brussel, BelgiëArt, Future, coincidence is a cultural experience where word arts are central. Come and enjoy lyrical poetry in different languages followed by a breathtaking opera performance.
- Feb 19, 2020, 8:00 PM GMT+1Het Goudblommeke in Papier, Cellebroersstraat 55, 1000 Brussel, BelgiëStarting from drawings and paintings by Pieter Bruegel the Elder, artist Alain Vanclooster recounts the story of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. ORG // Willemsfonds & Curieus
- Wed 19 Feb19WedFebLe Cri/Harp Center BrusselsFeb 19, 2020, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM GMT+1Harp Center Brussels, Théodore Verhaegenstraat 188, 1060 Sint-Gillis, BelgiëLE CRI is an evening that combines an open stage with performances that are invited. Always wavering between song, poetry, rap, storytelling and humor.
- Wed 19 Feb19WedFebOn My Way // Partage en Couleur/Forum KaaitheaterFeb 19, 2020, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PMForum Kaaitheater, Sainctelettesquare 20, 1000 Brussel, BelgiëAn exhibition of letters, poems or slam around personal stories about people who have had to take a new start in their lives.
bottom of page